This Friday is the Utah Distance Challenge hosted by Davis High School to be held at the Kearns Olympic Ice Oval. The entry fee is $5, and the track opens at 4:00 PM. Athletes are responsible for securing their own way to the meet.
Olympic Oval (5662 Cougar Lane, Kearns)
$5 per athlete—covers all events. Registration and seeding will take place at the Oval on the day of the meet. No pre-registration is required. There is no cost to coaches or spectators. Checks should be made out to 'Davis County Running Club'
1. We will run the fast heat first in each event. Races will not begin before the scheduled time, but may start late based on the number of participants.
2. 3/16 inch pyramid spikes. The same size spikes are required two weeks earlier at the UHSTCA Meet. Spikes may only be worn on the track surface. Please remove your spikes when leaving the track.
3. Athletes need to be at the starting line for check-in and heat assignments 15 minutes prior to their event.
4. We have permission from the Olympic Oval to bring in our own food, but need to be sure to clean up after ourselves.
5. Runners from states other than Utah and 8th graders are invited to participate.
6. The top eight heats of the 400m Dash will be run in lanes with 4 runners per heat. The remaining heats will be waterfall starts with 6-8 runners per heat.
5:00 pm Girls 1600m
6:00 pm Boys 1600m
7:00 pm Girls 400m
7:20 pm Boys 400m
7:45 pm Girls 800m
8:00 pm Boys 800m
8:20 pm Girls 3200m
8:40 pm Boys 3200m